- Contact: Mari Flores, Elementary Religious Education and Sacramental Prep Coordinator, 208 529-0040, email@example.com
The Sacrament of Confirmation deepens the baptismal grace and we receive the outpouring of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The gifts of wisdom and understanding, knowledge, fear of the Lord, fortitude, counsel, and piety are deepened to strengthen us so we can spread and defend our Catholic Faith. We are called to live our lives for Christ’s and be his warriors.
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Wisdom is the gift of the Holy Spirit that helps us to see and understand God’s plan in our lives and in the world.
- Understanding helps our minds to grasp the truths of our faith and assists us to find meaning in what we believe.
- Counsel helps our minds to know what is right in specific situations.
- Knowledge helps to judge all things in relation to God. This gift will help us to have sorrow for our sins and failures because we see what we have done in relation to God.
- Fortitude (courage) is the gift of the Holy Spirit that supports the will in loving God and our neighbor in the face of difficulty.
- Piety (reverence) is the gift that enables us to hold God in the highest regard because He created us and keeps us in His care. This gift is extended to our relatives and our brothers and sisters in Christ.
- Fear of the Lord is the gift that enables us to fear offending God because we do not want to offend the One who loves us so deeply.